Explore and experience relief printmaking with linocut! It's uniquely personal and therapeutic, and yet fun for the whole family too!
Here's getting started:
- Start your printmaking journey by carving your image on linoleum sheets. Linoleum sheets are softer and easier to carve than wood, making it the perfect material to create your print mould
- Ink the surface of your carved linoleum sheet, and lay your paper on top
- Print & transfer your inked design onto the paper either by rubbing manually with a spoon or similar tool, or on a printing press!
- Repeat with different coloured paper, or clean your linoleum surface and try more colours!
- 6 Linoleum sheets (2 x A4 size, 4 x A5 size)
- 1 roller press
- 1 250ml bottle of black block printing ink
- 4 carving tools
- 1 artist palette knife (spatula)
- 2 drawing pencils
- Pack of 5 card blanks (6 x 6 inch with envelopes - use as greeting cards)
- 3 sheets of A4 tracing paper to transfer design from paper to lino
- 2 plastic containers as inking tray and other wet usage (disposable)
- 2 pattern templates to start you off
HWAHWAH Care Beneficiaries
HWAHWAH partners with a select group of social and charity organisations to make art accessible to the community.
If you would like to send another HWAHWAH Linoleum Cut Home Kit to one of our beneficiary family, please select the option "Linoleum Cut Home Kit + Gift Another to Club Rainbow".